Georgia Tech has several awards for faculty that honor outstanding teaching and contributions to the educational mission on an annual basis. CETL coordinates the awards process for:
• The CETL Undergraduate Educator Award
• The CETL/BP Junior Faculty Teaching Excellence Award
• Curriculum Innovation Award
• Educational Partnership Award
• Eichholz Faculty Teaching Award
• Georgia Tech Faculty Award for Academic Outreach
• Innovation in Co-Curricular Education Award
* Innovation and Excellence in Laboratory Instruction Award
CETL professionals meet with faculty to discuss specific teaching and learning issues, provide confidential feedback based on classroom observations, and explore ways to foster and enhance student learning.
CETL offers an array of seminars on teaching and learning topics, and festivities that highlight excellence in teaching .
CETL provides assistance to faculty who want to assess instructional activities, develop and/or evaluate a component of an educational grant, or carry out an active scholarship of teaching and learning research program.
CETL offers three opportunities each academic year for faculty to participate in extended programs. These programs bring together a multidisciplinary group of faculty who are interested in exploring the challenges of teaching and in finding ways to improve student learning in the classes they teach. The programs provide each faculty participant with a small grant to support a project, and faculty share the results of their efforts to enhance learning with the campus at Celebrating Teaching Day each spring.