CETL is pleased to call for nominations for its awards that honor outstanding faculty contributions to the educational mission of Georgia Tech. All nomination packets are due February 6th. Further information about each award and details for the electronic submission of nomination packets can be accessed below. A full listing of CETL teaching awards for faculty as well as winners of last year's awards can be found below:
This award is open to any nominated non-tenure track faculty member who holds a 75%-100% appointment, teaches undergraduate credit courses(s), and has completed at least two semesters in a qualifying position at Georgia Tech. The award recognizes outstanding contributions to undergraduate education.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2012 CETL Undergraduate Educator Award:
- Linda E. Green, Biology
- Raghu V. Pucha, Mechanical Engineering
This award is open to any nominated full-time tenure-track faculty member who does not yet have tenure. Award recognizes teaching excellence, educational innovation, impact on student lives, and research / teaching connections.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2012 CETL/BP Award for Junior Faculty Teaching Excellence:
- Jin Liu, Modern Languages
- Christopher J. Peikert, Computer Science
- Michael Stilman, Interactive Computing
- Mark P.W. Styczynksi, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Todd A. Sulchek, Mechanical Engineering
- Jochen Teizer, Civil and Environmental Engineering
This award recognizes faculty who are improving the quality of education at Georgia Tech through pedagogical and curricular innovation. The award is open to full-time general faculty of any rank or a team of faculty who have implemented an innovation in their course or departmental curriculum.
Congratulations to the winner of the 2012 CETL/BP Curriculum Innovation Award:
- Wendy C. Newstetter, Biomedical Engineering
This annual Georgia Tech award recognizes genuine and substantial partnerships between the faculty and students of Georgia Tech and the K-12 community.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2008 Educational Partnership Award:
- Dr. Samuel Graham Jr., Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- Mr. Adam P. Christensen, Doctoral Candidate, Mechanical Engineering
- Mr. Doug Edwards, Magnet Coordinator and Science Teacher, Westlake High School
This annual award recognizes faculty who provide outstanding teaching to students in core courses.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2012 Eichholz Faculty Teaching Award:
- Douglas Flamming, Professor, History, Technology, and Society
- Colin Potts, Associate Professor, Interactive Computing
This award is for faculty who use their academic expertise to further the learning of K-12 students, teachers or other educational stakeholders of Georgia.
Congratulations to the winner of the 2012 Georgia Tech Faculty Award for Academic Outreach:
Ioannis Brilakis, Assistant ProfessorCivil and Environmental Engineering
This award is open to full-time general faculty of any rank who increase student learning outside the traditional curriculum and help Georgia Tech achieve its strategic goal of graduating global citizens who can contribute to all sectors of society.
Congratulations to the winner of the 2012 Co-Curricular Innovation Award:
- Cara L. Gormally, Biology
This award is open to full-time general faculty of any rank who have excelled in teaching in the laboratory. The "laboratory" can be broadly defined to include both traditional science labs and other formal courses that include experiential learning.
Congratulations to the winner of the 2012 Innovation and Excellence in Laboratory Instruction Award:
- Jacqueline Mohalley Snedeker, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering