Before you request assistance with your clicker issues, please go through this web page, especially the FAQs section below to see if you can find answers.
The best way to reach clicker support is send an email to email@example.com. Walk-in assistance is available during these hours in Clough Commons, Suite 457:
Monday and Wednesday: 2 pm – 4 pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 9: 30 am – 10:30 am
If you can't come at any of the time listed above, please make an appointment by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Correct Answering Screen
It has happened to a few students that they didn't answer questions in the right way with their clickers and they didn't realize it during the entire semester. What they did was sending instant messages or notes to the instructor. Consequently their answers were not recorded and got no credit for their clicker sessions.
The image below shows the correct answering screen. When you turn on your clicker, the default screen has three icons for:
1. Channel Indicator
2. Battery Life
When you answer a question, the answer you enter is displayed in the center of the screen.
Do NOT go to settings and select "Send message" or "Note to Leader." If you see an icon of a raised hand in the top center of your clicker display, you are in the WRONG place. If you answer a question from this screen, it will NOT be recorded and you will NOT get credit for your response. To go to the correct screen press the button on the top left side of your clicker until the hand icon disappears from the top and the wrench icon in the bottom right becomes unhighlighted.
Please refer to the clicker user guide for details.
IMPORTANT: About Clicker Firmware Update
Some clickers with outdated firmware may not work when answering numeric questions. The latest version of clicker firmware is version 1.1.1. For anyone wanting to check the version of firmware on their clicker, they can follow these instructions:
- Turn on your device;
- Once device is on, select the the wrench tool by pressing the top right button on the clicker;
- Scroll using the right or left arrow until you see the "Device Info" function appear. Select this using the center button;
- You'll see your device ID number. Scroll right or left until you see your Firmware version (for example: 1.0.1 or 0. 9.7). If your firmware version is 1.1.1 you are up to date.
How can I update my clicker firmware?
To update your clicker firmware, you will need:
2. Download the Turning Technologies Hardware Updater (Windows only. The Apple Mac updater cannot update the NXT device firmware)
3. Download the PDF instruction on how to update the firmware
4. Plug in your clicker to your computer and follow the instructions to update the firmware.
If you need any assistance, please send your request to email@example.com.
- TurningPoint has several clickers. Which one should I buy?
- Where can I buy the clicker?
- Do I need to enter my user ID into the clicker?
- Where should I register my clicker?
- I bought a used clicker from another student and I can't register it in T-Square. What should I do?
- Can I use my laptop or mobile devices as a web-based clicker?
- If I use ResponseWare, do I need to register it in T-Square too?
- If I lose my clicker and buy another one, should I register the new one in T-Square?
- Do I need to tell my instructor after I have registered another clicker?
- Is there a user guide for the clicker?
- Is there a clicker specially designed for the visually impaired?
You should buy the ResponseCard NXT. More information about this clicker is available at the Turning Technologies web site.
The clicker is available at the Barnes & Noble Georgia Tech bookstore. It is also available online at http://store.turningtechnologies.com (school code is GATECH).
Yes, absolutely. Please enter your GT account (e.g, gtg123h, or jsmith34, not the 9-digit number) into your clicker as the user ID.
In T-Square. Log on to http://tsquare.gatech.edu, go to your course site, click Clickers on the left menu, and you will see instructions on how to register your device there. You may choose to use the clicker in all your courses or just this course.
If you don't see Clickers on the left menu, please contact your instructor. Your instructor needs to activate the tool before you can register.
Your clicker ID can be found at the bottom on the back of your clicker, for example, Device ID: 0DB23C. Please note that these three letters are not used in any device ID, O, I, and L (NO OIL). If you get an error when registering your clicker, please make sure that you do not enter these three letters.
You need to tell the previous owner of the clicker to unregister the clicker so that it is not associated with his/her name in T-Square. To unregister the clicker, he/she needs to log on to http://manage.lms.gatech.edu and delete that device from his/her account.
The web-based clicker is limited in some functions, and so it can't be assumed that it will work for any given class in which clickers are used. You'll want to speak to all your instructors to make sure a web-based clicker can be used before making a purchase. The physical clicker devices, on the other hand, will work in all cases. Before you make the purchase, please do the following things:
- Ask your instructors or read your syllabus to see if laptop or mobile devices are allowed in ALL your classes that require clicker;
- If your instructors approve, please read the ResponseWare FAQs for Students to see if a web-based clicker is right for you. Make sure to go to the web page below to do a test on your device to see if it works:
- Georgia Tech does not have an institutional subscription license for ResponseWare. You need to purchase your own individual subscription license.
- If you decide to make the purchase, please check TurningPoint ResponseWare Purchase on how to purchase ResponseWare and the pricing information. The cost of the subscription varies based on the length of service time.
After your purchase, you will receive an email with your license code and setup instructions.
Yes. After you purchase the license for using ResponseWare, you will receive an email with your license code and instructions on setting up an account for using the application. After you set up the account, you will be given a device ID. You need to register your ResponseWare in T-Square with this device ID.
Yes, you must register your clicker before you use it in class.
Yes, you need to tell your instructor about the change as soon as possible.
Yes, the user guide for the clicker is available at: http://www.turningtechnologies.com/pdf/TrainingDocuments/NXTandTurningKey.pdf
Yes, braille ResponseCard RF is a designed for the visually impaired. The keypad contains all the features and functionality of a clicker, but with Braille characters adjacent to the corresponding buttons. In addition, it includes a vibration motor that pulses when various actions occur. If you cannot find it in the bookstore, contact Turning Technologies for purchasing. Detailed information is available here.