What major features and functionality does Wimba offer?
- Multi-way audio and streaming video : The features allow real-time interaction between instructors and students, and among students even they are geographically dispersed.
- Instant messaging : This feature allows users to communicate textually. The text chat can be public or private.
- Electronic whiteboard : The Wimba eBoard is an electronic whiteboard that you run in the content frame during the session. It includes a set of tools for you to draw shapes and lines, type text, and import graphics. You can keep students highly engaged by using Whiteboard exercises and polling questions.
- Content sharing : A variety of content can be shared, such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, HTML, webpages, images, movie clips, PDF, Flash, CMS pages, and more.
- Application sharing : Application sharing is enabled since all users logged in can follow every action your cursor makes.
- Presentation archiving: Presentations can be archived to be played back. Everything presented during live classes will be retained.
- Integration with course management systems: Wimba is integrated with T-Square. Instructors can add the tool to their course site and use all the above-mentioned features.
CETL instructional technologists are available to provide assistance with software training or development of class files and setting files. Contact Chaohua Ou at email@example.com or call 404-385-4812.