Georgia Tech New International TA Orientation
2012 New International Teaching Assistant (ITA) Orientation
The Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning (CETL) and the Georgia Tech Language Institute invite all new International Graduate Teaching Assistants to participate in the New International Teaching Assistant Orientation. Refreshments will be provided.
NOTE: New International TAs should also attend the New Graduate TA Orientation. This program is a supplement, NOT a replacement.
Date: Thursday, August 16, 2012
Registration begins at 12:00 PM.
Please be sure to arrive in time to register and find your seat before the orientation starts.
Orientation begins promptly at 12:30 PM.
Program ends at 4:00 PM.
Clough Building Room 102
Registration will open at 12:00 PM and will take place outside of room 102 in the Clough Building.
- The roles and expectations of the teacher and student in the American classroom
- Keys to effective communication with students
- Strategies for a successful first day of class
NOTE: New International TAs should also attend the New Graduate TA Orientation for all new TAs. This program is a supplement, NOT a replacement.
Who Should Attend?
- All new international graduate teaching assistants who are new to the United States and who will be working as a TA in Fall 2012 and/or Spring 2013.
Who is Welcome to Attend?
- Any returning/experienced international graduate teaching assistants
- Any international post-docs or faculty