Spring 2012 - New Teaching Assistant (TA) Orientation
The Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning (CETL) will host a Spring New Teaching Assistant (TA) Orientation for those who will be first time TAs at Georgia Tech in Spring 2012 or for those returning TAs who missed the Fall 2011 New TA Orientations. The orientation is designed to met the needs of both undergraduate and graduate TAs. Advance registration is required.
Date: Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Registration begins at 5:30 PM
Please be sure to arrive in time to register and find your seat before the orientation starts.
Orientation begins promptly at 6:00 PM.
Program ends at 9:00 PM.
Student Center, Piedmont Room (next to ChickfilA and across from Burdells)
- TA professional development
- Policies and resources TAs need to know: FERPA, ADAPS, Academic Integrity, Sexual Harrassment Prevention
- TA relations with faculty, staff, and students
Who Should Attend?
- All new TAs (graduate or undergraduate) Teaching Assistants (TAs) who will be serving as a TA at Georgia Tech for the first time in Spring 2012 or returning TAs who missed the main fall TA Orientations.
Who Is Welcome To Attend?
- Any returning/experienced teaching assistants (undergraduate or graduate)
- Any post-docs, faculty, and/or staff involved in undergraduate or graduate education at Georgia Tech