May 25, 2020 | Atlanta, GA
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) has announced this year’s teaching assistant (TA) award winners.
“As I reviewed the nomination packets for the awards, I was impressed by the quality of teaching that our TAs bring to Georgia Tech students,” said Joyce Weinsheimer, director of CTL. “Our TAs want students to learn, and they bring both vitality and commitment to their teaching. The results are noteworthy!"
The following students received institutewide TA awards, which include $500 prizes sponsored by the Tech alumni classes of 1957 and 1972:
Undergraduate TA of the Year
- Brandon King, Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Caroline Kish, Computer Science
- Max Poff, Mathematics
Graduate TA of the Year
- Cvetelina Hill, Mathematics
- Elaine Rhoades, Physics
- Yushuo Yang, Economics
Graduate Student Instructor of the Year
- Aditya Anupam, Literature, Media, and Communication
- Yoan Delchev, Mathematics
- Anthony Harding, Economics
In addition, 45 students received school-level awards, and 169 graduate students received Thank-a-Teacher notes.